IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 


FAN FICTION : THE CLONE WARS ERA

-------------------------------------------

Snow Angels

by Daenarrah

------------------------------

Summary: Padmé shows Anakin a little fun can be had in Varykino's first snow.

Time Frame: post-AotC, Clone Wars

Rating: G

Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala. They’re property of Uncle George.

-------------------------------------------
 
Anakin stood at the window looking out across the balcony and the landscape that surrounded Varykino. He took in the sight before him, not quite believing his eyes. He would have blinked to see if his mind was playing tricks on him, but he knew no matter how many times he did things would stay just as he was seeing them.  
 
Yesterday, when he arrived, the crisp autumn air had greeted him and he noticed not a single leaf left on the trees. The season was in full swing and he wrapped his cloak tightly around him to ward off the chill. The boat ride out to the retreat had been a cold one, and the thought of cuddling up with Padmé in front of the fireplace was very appealing and was something he was looking forward to. Today he woke up to find everything as far as he could see covered in a solid blanket of white. It had snowed last night, quite heavily, and it had continued to do so up until about an hour ago.  
 
A frown marred his features while taking in the sight of all the white stuff. ‘I hate snow,’ he thought. ‘It’s just as bad as sand, only colder.’  
 
Anakin justified his logic due to the handful of missions he had been on that took him either in or close to snow. He preferred the latter since two of those places only had snow-capped mountains he could see off in the distance. And he was fine that they stayed that way. There was that one time on Charta, however, where he and Obi-Wan and Siri and Ferus had to stay in a cave, huddled together around a make-shift fire for warmth, while a sudden blizzard raged on outside. He hated snow by that time, being in such close quarters with Ferus only made it more definite, and there were a few times he wanted to push the Perfect Padawan out into the storm.  
 
Of course he couldn’t forget the mission that had started it all for him and made him decide he absolutely hated snow: his visit to Ilum to construct his lightsaber. He had found it fascinating at first; something so white and pure could be so kriffing cold! But after the challenges he had gone through to reach the cave, and that he arrived feeling numb and half frozen, he told himself and Obi-Wan he never wanted to see snow again. He got mad when his Master told him there are some things that can’t be avoided, and if they encountered snow again, remember what he had experienced on Ilum and learn from it.  
 
Oh, he learned from it, all right. Snow was deceiving: it was beautiful yet wet and cold and created a chill that seeped into your bones. Anakin didn’t like snow then, and he certainly knew he wasn’t going to like it any better now.  
 
“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Padmé asked, coming up to stand beside her husband and look out at the pristine scenery.
 
“It’s snow,” Anakin grumbled. “It’s cold and wet. There’s nothing beautiful about it.”
 
Padmé laughed at the words, then put her arms around his waist and looked up at him. “It can be with the right person,” she suggested. “Come on.” Moving away, she took his hand and led him away from the window.
 
---
 
Not only was the snow white and cruelly deceiving, it was also bright and blinding. The way the sun radiated off of it made Anakin squint and shadow his eyes. It was one of those moments he wished the clouds had at least stayed behind. He wouldn’t be standing there having to adjust his eyesight so he could watch his wife frolic around in the snow. ‘She’s crazy,’ he thought, watching her brush a blanket of white off one of the statues in the back courtyard.
 
Looking up, Padmé noticed Anakin watching her and sent a loving smile his way. “Come play with me,” she said, walking towards him, her mittened hand outstretched. She knew he didn’t like snow but she was hoping she could get him to have some fun in it, especially with her.
 
“I don’t want to. I hate snow,” he pouted, wrapping his cloak closer around him. Padmé had offered to give him a thermal parka to wear but he had declined. He had hoped by doing so would have deterred her from wanting to go outside. Obviously, it didn’t work and wondered if maybe he should have taken the parka after all. He was getting cold and his cloak could only do so much to keep him warm. He’d have to call on the Force to help him with that now.
 
Padmé stopped just a meter or two away from Anakin and, with a small frown on her face, took in the sight before her: her husband sulking and looking like a too-tall ten year old boy. Shaking her head, she wasn’t going to let him ruin her fun. She hadn’t had a chance to play in the snow since she was a little girl and she wasn’t about to pass up an opportunity now. Anakin would just have to wait until she was done.
 
A shrug of her shoulders and Padmé let herself fall back into the snow. Her arms and legs spread-eagled around her, she began moving them back and forth allowing a shape to take form.
 
Anakin’s eyes went wide when he saw Padmé fall backwards and he quickly moved to be by her side. “Padmé, are you all right?” he asked, almost frantic as he came to stand over her. ‘I knew coming out here was a bad idea!’
 
“I’m fine, Ani. Just fine,” she said, continuing on with what she was doing.
 
How in the world could she be fine, Anakin wondered. She was lying in the snow, spread out on her back with her arms and legs flailing about. Something had to be wrong. No one would do that willingly…at least he wouldn’t.
 
At the very moment he decided he was going to scoop her up and bring her into the house, she got up, slowly and carefully, and turned around to admire her work. “What do you think?” she asked without preamble.
 
“About what?” Anakin asked, looking at her in confusion.
 
“My snow angel,” she answered, motioning to the shape on the snow-covered ground.
 
Anakin looked down at it a moment before seeing the shape take form. Slowly he walked to Padmé’s side, wearing an expression she couldn’t quite make sense of, and put his arm around her waist.
 
“You say that’s a snow angel?” he said more as a statement.  
 
Padmé nodded. “I used to make them all the time when I was little. I had the urge to make one again.” Silence fell between the two while Anakin held her close and never took his eyes off the ground. “Do you think that’s what the angels of Iego look like?” Padmé then whispered into his ear.  
 
Anakin looked at her, love and adoration burning in his eyes, and cupped her face. “I already know what they look like,” he said in a low voice. “I have one right here.” He then leaned down to capture her lips in a passionate kiss.  
 
Reluctantly, the pair broke the kiss a few moments later and looked lovingly into each other's eyes.  
 
Then Padmé let go and, catching Anakin off guard, pushed him backwards into the snow.  
 
Anakin gave out a yelp and a cry when he hit the white stuff and scrambled to get up, but soon found himself pinned to the cold ground by his wife who was sitting on him. “What are you doing?!” he demanded, glaring at her. “This stuff is cold! Get off me!”  
 
“Not until you make a snow angel for me,” she said with an impish grin.  
 
“What?” He started to sit up, intending to move Padmé off of him.  
 
She pushed him back down again, determined not to be deterred by his actions. “I know you heard me. I want you to make a snow angel for me.”  
 
“But- but Padmé,” Anakin stammered, not exactly liking what she was asking of him. “You know I don’t like snow. Why would I want to do anything in it?”  
 
“This has nothing to do with whether or not you like snow,” She said, crossing her arms over her chest and taking on her Senatorial tone. “This is me asking you to make a snow angel for me. I made one for you; can’t you make me one in return?”  
 
Anakin lay there not knowing what to say. How was he supposed to know the snow angel had been made for him? She hadn’t said anything…well, not until now. And now she wanted him to make her one? He didn’t want to play in the snow! It was wet and cold and he could start to feel a chill creep in through his cloak and all the layers of clothes. He knew he could just get up and stop this nonsense, carrying Padmé into the house with him. But looking up at his wife, he didn’t know if he could deny her what she wanted.  
 
“Anakin,” she said his name in a syrupy sweet voice that was so annoying. “You love me, don’t you?”  
 
Anakin’s eyes went wide. What kind of question is that? “Of course I do. More than anything in the entire galaxy. You know that.”  
 
“Then make me a snow angel,” she said leaning forward so that their noses were almost touching.  
 
She pulled back a bit and Anakin saw a glint of mischief in her eyes. She was having fun with this and he knew she wouldn’t stop until she got what she wanted. All he had to do was make her a snow angel. That was easy. Too bad the words he said next betrayed him. “Um… I don’t know how?”  
 
Padmé laughed and shook her head at him. “Yes you do. You saw me make mine. You can do the same thing.”  
 
Just then the thought of laying there flailing his arms and legs back and forth would have to be the stupidest and most embarrassing thing he’d ever do. He could just see Obi-Wan standing there, his arm crossed over his chest while he held his head in his hand and shook it side to side. He would say it was unbecoming behavior for a Jedi.  
 
The thought brought a smile to his face and he asked Padmé, “Will you get off me if I make one?”  
 
“Of course,” she answered, leaning down to give him a quick kiss.  
 
-------  
 
Not too long afterward Anakin and Padmé were standing together, arms wrapped snuggly around each other, while they admired their snow angels. Anakin’s wasn’t as neat as Padmé’s, his cloak had gotten in the way a couple times, but she liked that. It gave his character, as she put it, and knew it was uniquely his.  
 
“What are you going to call it?” he asked her, looking down into her face.  
 
“What do you mean?” she asked in return.  
 
Pointing to Padmé’s snow angel he told her, “I have my ‘Angel from Iego’. What are you going to call mine?”  
 
Padmé thought a moment, and then a smile split across her face as she hugged his closer. “I have the perfect name. My ‘Angel Protector’.”  
 
Anakin smiled in return. “‘Angel Protector’. I like that.” He then leaned down to kiss her once more.  
 
The two stood in silence a long minute, taking in the scenery and enjoying the silly way they had shown their love for each other. Sharing with you this minute now. If I could just hold my breath and close my eyes and not make a sound. Anakin didn’t know where the words came from or if he had ever heard them before. But he knew one thing, they fit the moment perfectly. In fact, everything was perfect. It was just the way it should be.  
 
A crooked smile pulled at the corner of his mouth. Padmé had shown him it was possible to have some fun in the snow, just a little. But that still didn’t mean he liked it, because he didn’t.  
 
Reaching down for Padmé’s hand, he gave her one more kiss then started pulling her towards the house. “Let’s go inside.”  
 
Padmé nodded and the two went in, leaving the “Angel of Iego” and her “Angel Protector” to brave the elements together.

-------

<<back to cw era p/a fanfiction
<<back to p/a fanfiction