IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 


FAN FICTION : EPISODE II ERA (PRE-AOTC)

-------------------------------------------

Firelight

by Shara82

---------------------------------------

Anakin shifted his hands, sliding them around his wife's waist. Tying his fingers through each other he sighed contentedly. He tilted his head slightly, resting it on the smooth brown head that was so tantalizingly close to him, kissing the hair presented before his eyes.

They were lying on the floor in front of the fire in the Queen's quarters. He was curled up behind her, his arms enclosing her tiny frame in his warm embrace. It was a favorite position of theirs, they fit together so well. He was happy to be with her, he had been spending far too much time in the field lately. It was rewarding, being a Jedi, but he despised leaving his wife for such long periods of time because of it.

He felt Amidala shift in front of him, snuggling further into his embrace. He smiled, perfectly content. It was these moments he lived for, the only ones that brought any true joy into his life. It was in these quiet times with his wife that allowed him to think back on his life, and to be truly happy for what he had.

He had passed the trials two years earlier, at the age of nineteen, the youngest in the history of the Jedi. The first thing he had done after the official ceremony was to marry the woman he had loved since he was nine years old. He still counted it as the best thing he had ever done.

The council was irate when they discovered what he had done. They claimed that Jedi do not elope, especially without the consent of the council. They had learned to accept it, however, especially once he had made it clear in no uncertain terms that if they wanted him, they would have to accept his wife as well.

It had been a long road, but he had finally convinced them that having Amidala in his life was a good thing. It had been much easier with Obi-Wan. He had been delighted to hear the news and had immediately invited them over for a home-cooked meal. It had evolved into a ritual, but not one that was repeated as often as he would have liked. Obi-Wan and his wife Sabé were too busy with their own affairs to pay all that much attention to Anakin and Amidala's.

Amidala shifted again and Anakin unconsciously tightened his grip on her. Sometimes his life felt like a dream, one that he was afraid would slip away if he dared let go, even for an instant...

He often wondered what he had done to deserve the treasure he held in his arms, but he tried his best not to question it, and to be worthy of it. He tried to have faith in Amidala's love, but sometimes it was hard. He didn't understand what someone as incredible as his wife would ever see in someone like him.

As if sensing his thoughts, as he sometimes swore she could do, she looked up at him and smiled. He melted, as he always did, at the look in her large brown eyes. The love in them, and the devotion, floored him every time he looked into their depths. He felt as though he would pass out every time they were together from the sheer joy of being alive, and being with her.

He leant down, closing the distance between them and kissed her. Breaking away, breathless, he stroked a strand of silky brown hair away from one high cheek bone. She was so beautiful he thought he would burst. It was enough that a creature of this beauty existed in the galaxy, let alone that she had consented to marry him. He truly was the luckiest man alive.

He leant down to kiss her again, but she shied away, almost imperceptibly, just enough for him to notice. He looked down at her questioningly, trying to make eye contact, but she avoided his gaze.

"What is it my love?" He asked, softly. She seemed scared of something, and the last thing in the galaxy he wanted was to make that any worse. He tried to get some sense of her through they Force, but Amidala was very good at shielding her thoughts, even from him. It was something they were working on, but he knew it would be a while before she could take down those barriers completely.

"It's nothing, Ani, really, I'm just being..." she laughed, softly, cynically. "I'm just being stupid, pay no attention to me." Anakin smiled, tilting his head to get a better look at her.

"Nothing about you could ever be stupid, my love. Tell me what's wrong." She sighed and shook her head.

"You know I love you, Ani, and you know I love what parts of our lives we have together, but sometimes..." He held her tighter and placed a kiss on her temple.

"Do you want children, Ani?" He started, looking down at her, shocked. He had broached this subject with her earlier on in their marriage, and she had told his she wasn't ready. He had respected her wishes, dropping the idea, and had assumed that was the last time they would discuss it for quite a while.

"Of course I do, my sweet. I told you this years ago. Why do you ask?" She looked up at him, hope dawning in her eyes.

"I've been thinking about it a lot, lately. I know I told you I didn't want children, at least not yet, but..."

"Yes?" He prompted her, blue eyes twinkling in the reflection of the flames.

"I've started thinking of a child less as a thing to take care of and more as a symbol...a living soul created of the love we have for one another." Anakin nodded, following her thought.

"I've always thought of it that way. I'm just a little afraid..." Amidala sat up, mock surprise on her face.

"You? The great Jedi Anakin Skywalker scared? I never thought I would see the day." He rolled his eyes.

"It's not like that. I'm just afraid that if we do have a child, I'll never have a chance to get to know it. I'm always being called away to one mission or another. I rarely get time with you as it is, without factoring someone else into the equation."

"But you do want children, right?"

"Of course. I just think we need to wait a while, and let everything settle down a bit. What with the clone wars and everything..." Amidala's face darkened.

"I thought we agreed not to talk of that during our time alone together." Anakin nodded, his eyes serious.

"I know, I'm sorry...just give me time?" Amidala smiled.

"As long as you agree, I'll give you all the time in the universe." Anakin leant forward and kissed her again. All the time in the universe...as long as they were together, that was a proposition he was eager to embrace.

-

<<back to episode ii era p/a fanfiction
<<back to p/a fanfiction