IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 


FAN FICTION : EPISODE II ERA (PRE-AOTC)

-------------------------------------------

The Trouble With Balconies

by Melyanna

 -------------------------------

A gentle breeze swept through the Senator's bedchamber, teasing the curtains on the transparisteel doors that opened to the balcony and leaves of the plants resting on pedestals throughout the room. The wind carried rich scents up from Theed's gardens, filling the darkened room and giving the Senator the feeling of home that she had missed in her time away from Naboo. She inhaled deeply, savoring the scents of home, grateful that the Senate session was over. Sliding her slippers off her feet, she dug her toes into the plush carpet, trying to relax, remove herself from her political identity, and be Padmé once more.

Moving to her dressing table a few steps to her left, Padmé looked at her reflection in the mirror as she took her seat on a padded stool. Studying her reflection, her eyes were drawn to her hair, still intricately piled atop her head, despite the fact that she had changed out of her formal attire some time before.

Padmé reached up into her hair and pulled out the ornamental sticks that held her it in place. Dark brown locks cascaded down her back, curly wisps framing her pale face. As she absentmindedly picked up her hairbrush and began combing through her hair, she realized that with her hair down, she didn't look much different from the young Queen she had been ten years before during her stay on Tatooine, when she had dressed as a handmaiden and captured a young boy's heart.

Thinking of Tatooine and that young boy brought a smile to Padmé's features as she recalled the events of the day. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker had arrived on Naboo that afternoon, bringing news from the Chancellor while the Senate was out of session. Padmé hadn't seen either of them in ten years, but she had recognized Anakin easily - and from the way he had watched her every move, it was obvious that he was still very much captivated by her.

Suddenly a crash near the balcony doors broke the silence, startling Padmé from her reverie. She jumped up and spun around, wishing vainly that the com unit with which she could signal her guards wasn't on the other side of the figure, and that she held a weapon more lethal than a hairbrush. With no other options, she launched it at the tall, dark shape at the door.

The brush abruptly curved out of its natural path and into the hand of the intruder. Immediately Padmé knew who that invader was. "Anakin!" she reprimanded. "Don't ever do that again!"

"Sorry, milady," a smooth, baritone voice replied.

As the breeze picked up, more moonlight filtered into the room, casting Anakin's features into a sharp relief. As she regarded the handsome young man before her, she idly thought to herself that if she had to have a late-night visit from someone, Anakin would be the one she would choose. She tried to banish the idea from her head, but the Jedi had apparently picked up on it. He smiled roguishly.

Padmé tried to ignore his smile, but not very successfully.

"Anakin, what are you doing here?" she asked instead, trying to convey as much exasperation as possible.

"I came to see you," he replied easily, as if that was the most obvious thing in the world.

Padmé sighed. "Why can't you just use doors and corridors like normal people?"

"This is more fun, milady," he said, a self-assured grin in place.

She was slightly annoyed that he was so obviously trying to placate her, and she was even more annoyed that it was working so well. But after a few moments of mental debate, a smile came unbidden to her lips. "It is good to see you again, Anakin," she allowed softly.

"And you, milady." Anakin bowed slightly. "You look beautiful tonight."

Padmé glanced down at her nightgown, a simple burgundy shift that touched her ankles, a sheer silver robe pulled over it. In comparison with the far more elaborate nightgowns she had worn in her tenure as Queen, this attire was simple and comfortable. However, it was becoming increasingly clear to Padmé that Anakin would think her beautiful if she was wearing a synthfiber sack. "Thank you, Anakin," she replied finally, lifting her gaze to meet his eyes as her annoyance drained away. "Was there something else you wanted to say?"

Anakin began to blush, looking more like the boy whose heart she had captured ten years before than the man he had become. Padmé smiled at his uncertainty. He took a step forward cautiously, moving into the shadows of the room. "I- I just wanted to tell you how glad I am to see you again."

Padmé's smile spread at the simple statement. She stepped forward and took his hands in hers. "I'm glad to see you again too," she replied. "But couldn't this have waited until morning?"

"I suppose so." He pulled one hand out of hers and touched her hair. "But then I would have missed seeing this..."

As he touched her loose hair, it struck Padmé that Anakin was the first man in years to see her hair free of the headdresses and ornaments that she wore in public. He ran his hand through her hair, obviously captivated by it as he ran his fingers through it, catching wisps and rubbing them between his finger and thumb. His blue eyes, full of warmth, met hers, and she squeezed his hand gently. With her free hand, she touched his cheek, feeling stubble forming on his strong jaw.

Anakin's gaze dropped from hers, and on an impulse Padmé rose up on her toes and kissed his lips.

She never knew if he had seen it coming, but in her memories, Padmé liked to believe that he hadn't. The kiss was as gentle and sweet as the breeze that blew around them, and Anakin tilted his head down as his hand moved to cradle her head. He released her hand and gently rested it on her back. As she wrapped her arms around his neck, Padmé felt that she would never have enough of Anakin's touch.

All too soon, Anakin slowly pulled away. A smile formed on his face, and he asked, "If I return tomorrow night, will I get the same result?"

Padmé rolled her eyes. "My guards routinely patrol the area, and they will come by this balcony. You should leave before they show up and ask questions, Anakin."

He gave her a look of mock pain, but she pointed at the balcony door. "Out."

He bowed again. "Yes, milady." He took her hand in his again and lightly brought it to his lips before moving through the doorway.

Padmé stepped to the door and closed it behind him, watching him vault himself over the railing and float down to the ground before locking the door and drawing the curtains. Slowly she walked to her bed and pulled back the covers. When she climbed into bed and pulled the heavy comforter over her, she realized how warm she was, despite the cool temperature of the room. The covers wouldn't be necessary.
 

 -

<<back to episode ii era p/a fanfiction
<<back to p/a fanfiction