IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 

FAN FICTION

-------------------------------------------

In the Reflection

by chopsticks

 -----------------------------------

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or anything affiliated with it. It is owned by George Lucas. No infringement is intended and no profit is being made.
Spoilers/Timeline: Post-Episode III, pre-Episode IV
Author's Note: Wow, it's apparently been a while since I wrote Star Wars fiction. Hmmm. Let's see how this goes, hmm?
Challenge: Answer prompt #084: He for fanfic100.
Dedication: Merry Christmas, Danger Mousie!
Summary: He no longer considered himself to be Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. Staring into his reflection, though, he would see vestiges of that former man.

-----

Sometimes he would sit for hours in his room. He would remove his helmet and, thanks to the pressurization of the chamber he had installed, he could breathe freely without the iron lung dictating his every breath.

He would gaze into his own reflection at the opposite end of the chamber, the imperfections in the shiny metal warping his figure ever-so-slightly.

It was in here, staring into himself, that he would always find his mind drifting into the past and his former life.

He no longer considered himself to be Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, Defender of the Light and Keeper of the Peace. No, he had fallen to the Darkness and become someone else entirely.

Staring into his reflection, though, he would see vestiges of that former man. The kind, noble man with a hint of Darkness flowing through him.

The man who had loved and been loved in return.

Darth Vader knew no such love. He had no wife (he had murdered her), no children (he had murdered them), no friends (he had murdered them), and no mentors (he had nearly destroyed him).

Sometimes he would notice Anakin floating beneath the surface of his mind, crying out for his beloved wife and their unborn children. As he stared into his own eyes, the memories of the life this body before its desecration came to the surface, and he remembered the life of Anakin Skywalker.

He could feel the heartache rip through him as images of Anakin's time with his wife floated through his head.

He could remember her smile as she told Anakin, after Geonosis, that she loved him no matter what. He could remember Anakin proposing to her at the Lake House, the sun lighting her radiant curls and astounding Anakin with her beauty.

Sometimes, when Anakin was desperate within his mind, he would allow Anakin to reach out into the Force and search for his wife. He would know it to be hopeless; he had watched the funeral procession himself on the HoloNews. Anakin's pain would become his own as he would remember how beautiful yet cold she looked in the procession, the japor snippet Anakin had given her all those years before clutched in her fingers.

Sometimes as Anakin reached into the Force, he would find something. Something trivial and minor, but nonetheless present. Anakin would find a Force signature, only for the briefest of moments, that was reminiscent of his beloved wife's. Only, it never quite was the same, and would disappear all too quickly before either of them could probe it further.

Anakin's pain would consume them both, and he would be tormented with even more images of Senator Padmé Amidala.

Sometimes he would feel tears creeping into his own eyes at the memories.

Sometimes he would wonder if he wasn't in love with her as well. He would refuse to admit to himself that he and Anakin were the same person, not separate entities trapped in the same mechanical suit.

Sometimes he would avoid his room altogether, afraid of himself and his reflection.

-----

the end.

feedback welcomed at spacedoutwriter (at) hotmail (dot) com.

-

<< return to anakin fan fiction