IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 

FAN FICTION

-------------------------------------------

Anniversary

by obi's girl

 -----------------------------------

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: All characters in this story do not belong to me and come from the mind of the great flannel man, George Lucas.

Notes: Sorry, isn't as long as my other viggies. Believe me, the original was much shorter, less than a page long. The second version, this version, the only part that is new is the flashback to make it longer.

----------

Vader closed and locked the doors to his quarters, and then walked towards a shelf in the corner. As he knelt down, he pressed his thumb over a switch and the shelf shifted, revealing a dark black box. Vader then opened the box and removed an old necklace. He carefully examined the necklace. Once he was satisfied that the necklace was still in good condition, he removed the second object from the box: a small holo device.

He gently touched the bottom of the device, and a transparent holo image popped up from the device. The image moved and then looked upward to the Dark Lord and smiled. Beneath his mask, Anakin smiled, staring down at his wife.

Anakin didn't know why he held onto the holo device and the necklace, but he felt that he needed to always remember his wife... especially on this day, their wedding anniversary. This would be the first anniversary that he would be celebrating without her, but that was his fault. Anakin chose this life; he craved the darkness and the power. He loved the feeling more than his own wife; and now he was alone.

Anakin smiled, watching Padmé as she slept beside him. He had been away too long from her, but he didn't have any choice in that. If he had known during the months that he was away that she was pregnant, he would have been there with her. Anakin had tried to keep in contact with her as much as possible, writing back letters -- through secured channels, of course.

Three years, and still the Jedi Council didn't know about his other life. Anakin realized early on that life with Padmé would be difficult; he couldn't stay home with her like normal husbands would or hold her hand in public; but he treasured their time together.

Now, he was about to be a father. Jedi were forbidden such attachments; Padmé knew this as he did, but now he had to make a choice. It wouldn't be terrible to live out the rest of his days with Padmé, raising their children together, but he also had a duty to the Jedi Order; a commitment, Obi-Wan once said, that could not be easily broken.

How could he be a Jedi and a father and husband at the same time? It would be difficult, and there was always the chance that Padmé's pregnancy would be discovered, and then it would be very easy to pick him as the father because of his strong connection with her.

He had to make a decision, and decide which was more important to him: the Jedi Order or his wife and children? Anakin wanted to believe that the answer would be simple, but he was reminded of something his mother once him as a child, that life is never simple...

Instinctively, he reached out and touched the holoimage, touching her hair. The image didn't react and only stared at a fixed point invisible to him. Vader nodded and moved his hand away from her and grudgingly turned off the holoimage and put it back into the box, along with the necklace.

How pathetic he had become; he could no longer be with his wife and had to resort to reliving moments with her through a holo image that couldn't even interact with him.

//Padmé was right.// Anakin realized, //I could have been more.//

Anakin sighed, and again waved his hand over the shelf and it retracted again, going back its original state as a normal shelf.

The End

<< return to anakin fan fiction