IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 


FAN FICTION

-------------------------------------------

Family Dinner

by obi's girl

-------------------------------------

Summary: Padmé's parents invite her to dinner while she's on leave on Naboo. Her parents don't know that's she married to Anakin Skywalker, or that she is pregnant. [This viggie is based off the deleted scene on the AOTC DVD.]

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: All characters in this story do not belong to me and come from the mind of the great flannel man, George Lucas.

----------------------

"Mom and dad will be so happy that you came, Padmé," Sola said as the two sisters sat down at the table. The living room was empty except the plates and covered food on the table. The last time Padmé had been able to visit with her parents was when she came there with Anakin. It was the first time she'd actually brought a boy home to meet her family. That was three years ago, and now she was married to that boy. Not a boy, a man and he was about to be a father. "éwe all know how busy things are on Coruscant so it's miracle that you were granted leave to visit with us."

Padmé nodded absent-mindedly, not really paying attention to Sola. After a moment, Sola caught her and laughed, eating some grapes. "Are you still here with us, Padmé? Padmé?"

"I am. I was just remembering the last time I was here... it seems like ages ago."

Sola laughed, "You were here with that boy, what was his name?"

"Ani," she whispered, "Anakin. Anakin Skywalker."

"I knew that, little sister," Sola said and winked at her, as Jobal Naberrie walked into the room, joining her two girls. There was an uneasy silence for a moment, and then it passed. "I told you, Mom, she would be here."

Jobal smiled at Padmé, and then frowned slightly. She seemed distracted, and different. Something had changed, but Jobal let go of the feeling, reached over the table and hugged Padmé. "It's good to have you home, Padmé. With everything that's been happening with the wars, well, I'm just happy you're home and safe with us."

Padmé smiled, her attitude still distant and her mind elsewhere...

~~

"Dinner was delicious, Mom," Padmé said, glancing at the chrono behind her father. She hadn't planned on staying long, a quick dinner and then she would be gone. It was an odd feeling not wanting to talk to her parents but there some secrets that they didn't need to know. "But I have to go now..."

"You just got here, Padmé," Ruwee protested, "Please stay, Padmé. It isn't often that I get both of my girls home."

Padmé sighed and sat back.

Sola shrugged, putting some dessert on her empty plate, "Why are you in a rush anyway? You don't have a boyfriend waiting for you, do you?" she teased.

"No but I do have a lot of work to do."

"On vacation?" Jobal questioned, "You were allowed one week's vacation from the Senate, Padmé. You can worry about work when you return to Coruscant, but in this house, there's no worries about schedules or deadlines."

Ruwee grinned, hugging Jobal's waist.  "Listen to your mother, dear."

"Back to my original question, though," Sola interrupted, "do you have a boyfriend?"

Padmé laughed, "No, I don't have a boyfriend. I'm not attached to anyone. I'm too busy working and with the war going on, an attachment now would be too complicatedé" Suddenly, she felt guilty for admitting that and knew if Anakin ever found out that she said that, he would be hurt. "Mom, tell Sola that there's still time for me to settle down."

Jobal smiled, "Why haven't you settled down yet, Padmé? What's keeping you from living this life?"

"Nothing is," she admitted, "I don't want to talk about this anymore. My private life is my own."

"But we're your family, Padmé," Ruwee added, "We're a part of your private life but we respect your wishes and there will be no more talk of it." He looked pointedly at Sola. She only rolled her eyes and silently agreed.

~~

"You won't admit it but I know you're seeing someone, little sister," Sola said to Padmé again when they were alone in the living room. Padmé glared at her but Sola persisted. "I think I know who it is, too."

"You're stubborn, Sola. I'm not admitting anything."

She grinned.  "You don't have to," Sola's grin widened, "It's that Jedi boy. You've been thinking about him all night and that's why you won't admit that you're seeing anyone."

Padmé fell silent, and Sola frowned, proving her suspicions. "Wait a minute, I'm right?"

"You can't tell Mom and Dad. Promise, Sola!" she demanded.

"Are you happy?"

Padmé's frown deepened and she unconsciously rested her hand on her stomach, but Sola noticed. "It's been difficult. We're not an ordinary couple. We can't hold hands in the streets and kiss on the corner like everyone else but in doors, we're married. We're there for each other and I'm pregnant."

"I can't keep this from them. Padmé, they deserve to know about this..." Sola started as she started to leave the couch but Padmé pulled on her sleeve, forcing back onto the couch. "They can't know about this. No one can know about this."

Sola shrugged, "You told me. Padmé, this is serious. When do you expect to tell them... when you go into labor and you invite them down to meet their grandchildren? They need to know now."

"They'll find out when I decide," Padmé said, "Sola, you know why they can't know about this. Anakin is a Jedi Knight; he's forbidden attachments of any kind."

"But he has you and your child," Sola finished, "I don't like lying to mom and dad but to protect you and Anakin, and your family, I will. For you, little sister, I will."

Padmé smiled solemnly, "Thank you, Sola."

 

The End

-

<<back to padmé fan fiction