IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 


FAN FICTION : THE CLONE WARS ERA

-------------------------------------------

Touch the Sky

by Daenarrah

------------------------------

Summary: Anakin and Padmé enjoy some time together in the most unlikeliest of ways.

Time Frame: Post-AotC, Clone Wars

Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters of Anakin Skywalker or Padmé Amidala. They are property of Uncle George.

-----------------------------

“I can’t believe I let you talk me in to this,” Padmé said, nestled tight and even a bit uncomfortably between Anakin’s legs in the cockpit of his starfighter. Carefully, he maneuvered the ship away from her veranda and up towards the traffic lanes. “What if you get caught? Won’t someone at the Temple notice your fighter is gone?”

“Not this late at night,” Anakin told her as he continued to ease the starfighter upward. “Besides, I had Artoo talk to the Temple. There’s no record of my ship leaving.” The astromech droid whistled an affirmative and beeped a few times, almost as if he were letting Padmé know everything was okay.

“Ani, you shouldn’t do that,” Padmé admonished half-heartedly.

“I know,” he replied, simply. Taking his starfighter well above the bustling lanes he paused it a bit and flipped a few switches before taking off again. “But you said you wanted to get out of the apartment.”

“Not now,” she said with a laugh, leaning her head back to rest it on one of his shoulders. “It could have waited until tomorrow.”

“But what a better time than now?” Anakin asked, tilting his head forward to plant a kiss on her temple. “And it isn’t every day I get to take my wife for a leisurely fly over Coruscant.”

“No, it’s not,” she said, a warm smile curling on her lips. “Though, I don’t know if I’d call this leisurely. I just don’t want to see you get caught, Ani.” She then brought her hand up to caress his cheek.

“I won’t.” Anakin was touched by the concern in her voice but he knew he had nothing to worry about. He and Artoo had made sure of that.

Speeding high above the cityscape of Coruscant, Padmé was able to watch the bustling traffic whiz by only a short distance below the starfighter. She had seen the city’s night lights several times before and traveled through them - and the never-ending-showing-no-signs-of-letting-up traffic lanes - more times than she could remember and it never ceased to amaze her how fast everything moved. She swore a person could get to the other side of Coruscant in a matter of seconds. She knew she was exaggerating, but that's what it seemed like sometimes.

Caught up in the sight of it all she couldn’t help but feel tonight was different. She knew why; she was watching everything with her husband. Feeling his hard chest against her back with his arm wrapped around her waist and his warm breath tickling her ear Padmé felt safe and secure and loved. She figured that was also heightened by the fact she was tightly strapped in, flush with Anakin, and no chance of getting out. Especially when they were kilometers above the city and climbing.

“Where are we going?” she asked, curious.

“To touch the sky,” he answered, then leaned down to kiss her neck. “Hang on.”

--

Not long after the two of them were several hundred kilometers above Coruscant and whipping around through space. Anakin was putting the fighter through several different maneuvers and spins and flips while Padmé laughed and shrieked about it. She was enjoying herself, forgetting about the risk of Anakin being caught, even though she was pressing herself further back into him and gripping tightly onto his thighs.

“You want to fly her?” he suddenly asked, leveling out the fighter.

The question took her completely by surprise. “What? Me? Oh no, Ani. I don’t know anything about flying your fighter.”

“It’s not much different than the yacht you use,” he informed her. “You flew that to Tatooine and Geonosis.”

“We both did,” Padmé added, interrupting him.

“True,” he said with a quick nod. “But flying this is pretty much the same.”

“I don’t know.” Padmé suddenly felt awkward. “It’s your fighter.” She then snuggled back into his chest and said, “Besides, I like things just like this.”

“All right,” Anakin said with a chuckle. He then kicked the fighter back up, diving back into all the fancy maneuvers he knew. Padmé shrieked when he flipped the fighter upside down and soared through space.

Padmé was right; he liked things the way they were too. Just the feeling of her against him while he flew across the stars was the most exhilarating thing he had ever experienced. He always felt free to begin with whenever he was flying. It was the one thing, the one place where he knew he had control and yet it was a control he could freely let go of. To be able to share it with his wife was a memory he’d cherish forever. It made him feel freer than he ever had been before.

----

“You’re doing fine, Padmé,” Anakin said; he had convinced her to try flying his starfighter after all. It meant promising a hands-on approach because Padmé told him there was no way she was going to try unless he helped her. All he ended up doing was telling her what controls to use and he let her do the rest. He only stepped in when it seemed she needed some assistance, which wasn’t often.

“Well, I happen to have a very good flying instructor,” she said back, putting some deliberate haughtiness into her voice.

“Oh really,” Anakin said with a chuckle then leaned forward to rest his head against hers. “Anybody I know?”

“Possibly,” Padmé answered coyly. Then the grin on her face turned to one of mirth. “He’s tall, very handsome, has the most beautiful blue eyes I’ve ever seen. He’s incredibly brave, yet can be spontaneous and reckless at times which drives his old Master crazy - or so I’ve been told. Oh, and he was just recently knighted and I’m very proud of him.”

Anakin smiled wide and reveled in the warmth that spread through his body at Padmé’s words and he brought his arm tightly around her waist. “I love you,” he said in a low voice while pulling her close and enveloping her in the love he felt.

“I love you too, Ani,” she said in return, closing her eyes and leaning her head back on his shoulder once more. She was enjoying the feeling of his love surrounding her.

Anakin put his starfighter on auto-pilot and wrapped his arms snugly around Padmé, holding her as close as he possibly could. Kissing her neck again he thought to himself he couldn’t have asked for a better night since he had gotten back to Coruscant. Sure it was late and he’d be severely reprimanded if the council ever found out he had taken his fighter out, and for a casual spin with his secret wife, but at that moment he didn’t care. All he cared about was his time spent up there in space with the woman he loved and being able to share such a wonderful experience with her.

He laughed to himself. Of course the two of them crammed into such small confines helped tremendously. His starfighter was only made to seat one after all, not two. But they made it work.

--

“I hate to break the moment - and I’m sorry that I do,” Padmé began, quite some time later, “but shouldn’t we be heading back?

“I don’t want to see you caught, Anakin, and how would you explain everything if you were? It could mean you getting expel-”

“I know what it could mean,” he cut her off, trying to keep his voice from sounding harsh, “but I don’t care about that right now. All I care about is you.” His words were sincere and Padmé knew it would be pointless to argue with him. She didn’t want to anyway. “Besides, I’m not ready to go back yet.” A mischievous grin crossed his face and he began fiddling with the controls and the starfighter’s computer.

Padmé watched him punch in coordinates and realized - her eyes going wide - what he was doing. “You’re jumping to hyperspace! Now?” She arched her neck and turned her head to give him an incredulous look, square in the eye. “Exactly where do you plan on going?”

“Not far,” he answered the mischievous grin still in place. “Don’t worry.”

“Anakin!”

He hit the controls and the fighter took off into hyperspace.

--

They came out of hyperspace about a half hour later to what had to be one of the most beautiful sights Padmé had ever seen. “Is that a supernova?” she gasped, her eyes fixed on the object that shone large and bright a great distance off before her.

Anakin nodded his head in confirmation. “Obi-Wan and I found it on one of our missions…about six months ago,” he informed her, his eyes flitting down to see the wondrous look on her face. He smiled then continued on. “We jumped from here, which was really strange considering this isn’t one of the jump points at all, but I’m glad we did. When I saw that I knew I had to show it to you sometime.”

“It’s beautiful,” was all Padmé was able to say at first as she watched the supernova and its brilliant light. “How long ago do you think it happened?” she added.

“I have no idea.” Anakin shrugged and shook his head. “There’s no record of it in any of the Temple archives so I don’t think anyone knows about it yet. Obi-Wan and I happened to stumble upon it by accident.”

“I’m glad you did. It isn’t everyday I get to see something like this.” Padmé then cuddled back into Anakin and taking his flesh hand, entwined her fingers with his.

“Me neither,” Anakin said, resting his cheek on the top of Padmé’s head. “Or share it with the person I love.”

Padmé brought Anakin’s hand up to her mouth and kissed it.

The two stayed like that for quite some time, watching the supernova and sharing in simple conversation, before deciding it was time to head back. Making the jump into hyperspace the couple found themselves back over Coruscant. They soared across the heavens a bit longer not wanting their night together to be over.

But like all good things, their night out among the stars had to come to an end. Slow and reluctantly, Anakin brought his starfighter back down to the bustling city planet. Docking it at Padmé’s veranda, he helped her out of the cockpit. Once he was out he made a decision and turned around and gave instructions to Artoo. “Bring her back and check her in, all right?”

The little droid whistled and beeped as he took control of the fighter.

“And be careful,” Anakin added.

Artoo beeped and blatted rudely and Anakin laughed in return. “You just think you can fly her as well as me.”

Artoo blatted a few more times and Anakin continued to laugh. “All right, yes. You’re right. I wouldn’t be able to do some of those maneuvers without your help. Now go. See you back at the Temple.”

With that Artoo whistled one last time and pulled away from the veranda, heading in the direction of the Temple hangar.

Turning to walk into Padmé’s apartment Anakin looked down at her and noticed the amused grin on her face. “What?” he asked a bit perplexed.

“You and Artoo,” Padmé began with a mirthful smile. “It’s like the two of you were made for each other.”

“Well, he was given to me by a very special person,” Anakin said in a husky voice and wrapped his arms around her, holding her close.

“Oh really,” she responded with a slight laugh, noting how the conversation was beginning to mirror the one they had a few hours ago. “Anybody I know?”

“Possibly,” he said his voice just above a whisper now. “She has long brown hair and the deepest brown eyes I’ve ever seen. She’s the most beautiful woman I know. No one in the galaxy compares to her. She’s very outspoken and incredibly stubborn at times and she stands up for what she believes in. And I love her very much.”

A shiver ran down Padmé’s spine making her breath catch and she wrapped her arms around Anakin’s neck. “I love you,” she whispered, pulling his head down for a kiss.

“I love you too,” Anakin replied just before their lips met.

They stood there caught up in each other’s embrace and enjoying the passion of the moment. Despite the late hour they were at risk of being seen standing out on Padmé’s veranda. Neither one of them cared, however. They just wanted to revel in the moment and the love they shared.

“Thank you,” Padmé said when she reluctantly broke the kiss.

“For what?” Anakin asked, looking deeply into her eyes.

“For tonight, for it just being the two of us out there and not having the worries of the galaxy weighing down on us.”

“I’d do it again in a heart beat,” he promised conviction clear in his voice.

“I know and that’s why I love you so much.”

Removing herself from his hold, she grabbed his hands and started pulling him inside the apartment. There was still a little bit of time left before he had to be back at the Temple. She wanted to spend it in his arms before the burdens of the galaxy came crashing back down on them. For a while longer, she wanted it to be just the two of them and nothing else.

Finis

-------

<<back to aotc era p/a fanfiction
<<back to p/a fanfiction