IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 


FAN FICTION : REVENGE OF THE SITH ERA

-------------------------------------------

Hello and Goodbye

by chopsticks

-----------------------------

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or anything affiliated with it. It is owned by George Lucas, of course. No profit is being made and no infringement is intended.

Timeline: Post-Revenge of the Sith
Author's Note: More messing with the style. I seem to be all about doing that lately.

Summary: The hello and the good-bye, the defining points of a relationship.

-----

i.

Hello.

Good-bye.

Two words, so simple and yet so complex.

Hello.

Good-bye.

Two words to hold all the meaning in the world.

ii.

Are you an angel?

A hello.

Four words uttered by a slave boy knocking on the door of adolescence to a queen barely through the door herself.

It was a beautiful hello.

Years later (ten years and counting), they would lie in bed together and laugh at this shared memory. They would laugh over their former childish innocence.

Sometimes, still, when he looked at her or she at him, they would each see the remnants of that innocence. Then he would gently run his fingers over the back of her hand or she would wet her lips, perhaps doing so a bit slower than really necessary, and any innocent thoughts on either's part would disappear and be forgotten until much, much later.

Hello.

iii.

There's still good in him.

A good-bye.

Five simple words uttered by a woman--a Senator of the Galactic Republic, pregnant with a Jedi Knight's children (Blasphemy! the people would cry out.)--on her deathbed. Her husband, that beautifully innocent slave boy of so long ago, is gone. In his place is darkness.

And silence.

The silence is his good-bye; five words is hers.

She remembers him with a smile on his face. She remembers the fragments of innocence she could still see within him. She remembers him as he was. She remembers them as they were.

She does not remember him consumed by anger. She does not remember him lashing out at her, desperate to blame anyone--in the end, even her, his very reason--other than himself. She does not remember him as he is. She does not remember them as they are.

Good-bye.

iv.

Hello.

Good-bye.

A million complexities contained within two simple disyllabic words.

Hello.

Good-bye.

A relationship can be summed by these two words.

Hello.

Innocence and light.

Good-bye.

Hatred and darkness.

-----

the end.

feedback welcomed at spacedoutwriter (at) hotmail (dot) com

-

<< back to p/a rots fic
<<back to p/a fanfiction