IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 


FAN FICTION : EPISODE III ERA (PRE-ROTS)

-------------------------------------------

Death of an Angel

by spunky_squirrel

------------------------------------

Padmé winced at the pain she felt in her shoulder.  She had known this would end up happening.  Sabé had warned her about fighting, but of course she just had to be headstrong and stupid and. . .  She shook her head.  This was getting herself nowhere.  She wasn't going to just stand around as her people died.  Even if she was injured, she wasn't completely immobile; she could still use her use her blaster.  To prove this she shot down a couple more clones.

Around her, a disastrous massacre of Nubians was in motion.  It was obvious they were vastly outnumbered, and she knew there was little hope for victory.  Her soldiers were being slaughtered, and she was injured. The only reason they were in this stupid thing in the first place, though, was because Emperor Palpatine decided Naboo was in the way, and landed his troops here to be rid of it. 

Padmé shook her head again and tried to force her mind away from negative thoughts and to more pleasant ones.  Like seeing how many clones she could kill in ten seconds.

Suddenly she heard a shout and looked up to see her friend, Sabé, rushing angrily towards her.

"Padmé, get into the forest; you're injured!"  Sabé exclaimed.  Padmé sighed.  Sometimes Sabé seemed more like her mother, rather than her friend.

"Sabé, I'm fine.  Really I am," replied Padmé, hoping to detour her friend from dragging her away from helping in the battle.

No such luck.  Sabé shrugged Padmé's protests off and pulled her away from the battle that was raging just beyond them.  In the forest Sabé finally released Padmé's arm.  Then she turned and glared at Padmé.

"Honestly, Padmé, I don't know what to do with you anymore.  You've recently had your twins . . ."

"Two years ago!"  Padmé interjected.

"Regardless," Sabé continued over Padmé's voice, "you'd think you'd learn your lesson from the last time you got into a battle."

"I was only shot once, Sabé.  Please let me go!"  Sabé rolled her eyes at Padmé's plea.  Then she firmly shook her head.

"Padmé, I need you to do me a really big favor.  Just stay here.  Promise me you'll stay right here."  Padmé pursed her lips, deciding what to do.  She knew Sabé was capable of tying her down to keep her here (and was known to do such things, too.)  Finally she let out a frustrated sigh.

"Fine, Sabé.  I'll stay." 

Sabé's face lit up.  She turned and hurried back to the battle, throwing over her shoulder a "Thanks, I'll be back."

"For about ten seconds," added Padmé to her previous sentence.  With that she turned to go to the other end of the battlefield to continue her game of 'Kill-the-Clones.'

 

*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*

 

Darth Vader watched the battle in amusement.  The Nubians' line of defense had unsurprisingly turned out to be pretty pathetic.  He almost felt sorry for them.

He felt his thoughts turn to his wife.  It was on this field they'd had their little picnic.  He shut his eyes against the painful memory.  He hadn't seen his wife in two years three months and seventeen days.  He sighed.  It was pretty pathetic for himself to be counting how long they'd been separated. 

'It's not my fault, though,' he thought angrily.  'That's the whole reason I'm here, is to wreak revenge on those insignificant, arrogant Nubians'  He felt his anger instantly rise against the people who'd been determined to separate him and his angel.  It was them and Kenobi that would see the worst of his wrath.

He tightened his Sith Lord cloak around him.  I was something his Master had given him in honor of his turn to the Dark Side.  It was supposed to represent something, but he couldn't remember what.  He still had a lot to learn, as his Master so often reminded him.

At that moment he heard someone approach him from behind.  He turned to see a man clad in a black battle outfit, complete with gear.  Vader vaguely remembered Palpatine hiring this man as the leader of the band of trained assassins that were present today.

"Lord Vader, may I be of any assistance to you?" he inquired.  'Hmm, perhaps him and his little band of assassins could certainly make thing here more interesting'

"Yes.  Find and destroy any Nubian leaders you come across in this battle."  The leader nodded and walked off.  Vader smiled under the hood of his cloak.  Now he could watch as they slaughtered those pompous Nubian leaders.  Maybe they'd find a stray Jedi or two to kill off.  That would be interesting enough.  And if he got bored enough he might join in and show them how it's really done.  Reeking havoc was always one of his stronger points.

He turned his thoughts back to the battle that was raging, and monitored the success of Palpatine's assassins.  'This is bound to be a good day,' he mused.

 

*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*

 

Padmé saw the assassins enter the battle.  'Great, just what we need, assassins to help slaughter us some more.  As if the clones aren't doing a good enough job of that'  She saw one assassin break off from the group and then he began to head for Rabe, one of her old handmaidens.

"Rabe, look out!"  Padmé screamed.  Rabe turned, dodged, and just barely avoided the blaster shot aimed for her head.  Padmé breathed a sigh of relief that Rabe hadn't been as lucky as herself to get injured.  Suddenly she noticed the assassin turn and begin to make his way towards her.

When the assassin had spotted her, he instantly identified her as another leader that needed to be eliminated.  Little did he know it was his boss's wife.  He started to aim for her as Padmé turned and ran.

She fled for the safety and protection of the forest.  She began dodging trees and branches; plunging deeper into the darkness of the forest.  'I wonder if he's still following me?'  Her question was soon answered by a couple of blaster shots whizzing past her head.  'Imagine that,' she thought in bitter humor, 'Sabé was right; I never should've left the forest in the first place.'

Padmé dodged another tree, but her eyes missed the root.  She never saw it, never saw it coming.

She felt herself trip and saw the ground rushing up to meet her.  Then a laser hit her in the small of her back.  She then began to see the forest fading around her, and the blackness began to overcome her senses.

 

*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*

 

Anakin was watching the assassins successfully killing many of the leaders.  He was especially enjoying the one in pursuit of one of Padmé's former handmaidens, Rabe.  Then he saw the assassin turn and begin to pursue Padmé.  He felt his heart leap into his throat.

'Padmé's not supposed to be here!  She's on Alderaan!  Force, protect her!'

He would not allow this.  He would kill the man that gave her so much as a scratch.  He felt his legs moving and realized he was running.  As he approached the battlefield, he ignited his lightsaber.  Then he began slicing through those that got in his way; Clones and Nubians alike, but he didn't care.  All he was focused on was getting to her.

Soon the armies realized he was not to be hassled with and, halfway to his destination, the armies began to make a path for him as to avoid him.

Finally he was across the battlefield and began to make his way through the forest.  He came to a halt and scanned the forest floor.  Finally he spotted her . . . and the assassin standing over her limp form.

"Padmé!" he screamed.  He used the Force and hurled the assassin against a small tree with so much force that it broke the tree in half.  But he took no note.  He ran over to the spot the assassin had previously occupied, and came to a halt over her lifeless body.

"Padmé, please, it's me, Ani.  Oh Force, don't do this!"  His voice broke.  He was beginning to feel tears forming in his eyes.  He couldn't be too late!  He stared at her, almost willing her to come back from . . .wherever she was.

Suddenly he saw her eyes flutter open.  His heart soared.

 

*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*

 

Padmé felt awareness slowly reenter her body.  She opened her eyes and began to take in her surroundings.  Suddenly she realized someone was standing directly over her.  As her eyesight cleared, she realized it was her Ani.  With that knowledge her heart began to soar.

"Ani.  Wha . . . what are you . . . doing here?"  She looked into his eyes as if to search out the answer.  She'd always loved his vibrant blue eyes.  Only now they'd been replaced with these cold blue sapphires that now stared back at her.

 

*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*

 

'What am I doing here?  Oh yeah, I'm here to wipe out Naboo, kill everything and everyone, and to destroy everything you've worked for your whole life.  What an answer.'  Anakin winced at his own cynical remarks.  He stared at her penetrating brown eyes.  He knew she was waiting for an answer.

"Umm, well I, uh, I came to see you."  He even managed a weak smile with his reply.

"I see you've gotten worse at lying since I last saw you."  Her words cut at him.  He hadn't realized how lame that had sounded.  Then he'd realized he'd forgotten his shields and she'd probably heard his thoughts.  She always did have a way of probing his mind and seeing through his lies.  Except for the late.  When he'd joined the Dark Side.  She hadn't known how much he was deceiving her until it was too late.

Her eyes had turned cold and she looked away from him.  He was at a loss for words.  This wasn't a new sensation.

 

*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*

 

'We can't keep like this forever,' Padmé thought.  She finally gathered her strength and courage, then she turned to him.

"Anakin," she started.  But she couldn't finish.  She wasn't sure how to.  She could almost sense her time drawing to a close.  Whatever she was going to say, she'd better say it fast.

She looked at him again and realized he was watching her intently.  It was almost unnerving.  She took a shuddering breath.  Then she began.

"Ani, please.  Don't . . ."  She felt herself begin to struggle for control.  She had to do this, though.

"Don't do this . . .  Please . . . come back to the . . . Light side."

 

*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*

 

Anakin turned his head away.  He couldn't stand to look at her pleading gaze.

"Padmé, try to understand . . ." he began, but then he saw her eyes fill with tears and trailed off.  He didn't know what to do.  What could he do anymore.  So he tried again.

"Padmé.  I'm so sorry.  But you have to understand, I can't."

"I don't understand," she replied quietly.  "And I probably . . . never will.  I just . . . Ani I . . . I need to . . ."  Her breathing became labored and ragged as she struggled to speak.

"Padmé, don't say anything.  I have to get you to a medical ship, quickly."

"No.  Ani . . . I just . . . wanted you . . . wanted you to know . . ."  She stopped and attempted to steady her breathe.  Anakin noticed her face was pale and she looked very weak.  He was beginning to panic.

 

*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*

 

Padmé calmed herself.  She was going to get through this.  It needed to be done.

"Ani . . . I love you.  I . . . I always will."  She smiled faintly.  She felt a small tear from Anakin's eyes fall on her cheek.  Then she felt herself go limp.  The darkness enveloped her.  She drifted away.

 

*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*(|)*

 

Anakin stared at her lifeless form.  He couldn't believe it.  His angel was . . . gone.

 

-

<<back to episode iii era p/a fanfiction
<<back to p/a fanfiction