IMAGE

Tsum-Tsum T-shirt, by Disney
WALLPAPER

Untitled
by Grant Gould (for StarWars.com)

FAN ART
by master--burglar
by master--burglar
FAN FICTION
Rush
by Love and Rock Music. (TCW) The first half of "Destroy Malevolence," as Anakin and Padmé make their way towards each other.

P/A SITE
The Anakin and Padmé Gallery

CALENDAR
Desktop Calendar // March/April 2015

 


FAN FICTION : ATTACK OF THE CLONES ERA

-------------------------------------------

A Secret it Shall Be
Chapter 2/2

by rinabina

-----------------------------------

Disclaimer: See chapter 1

Summary: Woo hoo, more re-vamping. (cheers from the readers I hope I have) ;-) Anyway, not much to say other than this chapter adds to the scene in the movie where they're actually getting married. I don't know about you guys, but when I saw that I was sort of like, "wait a sec...what...who...where?" So my last one had the proposal, this one has some of the ceremony, the next...who knows. Please r/r! Thanks!

***

The lake country shimmered that evening on Naboo. The trees rustled with the evening breeze, the grass on the hills ran in waves as it blew in the wind, and the lake sparkled like millions of gems. The lodge on the lakefront was just as radiant. The plastered walls glowed deep orange as the sun sank low in the sky, causing the vines along the walls and pillars to become an even more vibrant green.

The gravel in the garden crunched softly as Anakin Skywalker leisurely strolled along its paths. His eyes remained half-closed, dreamily focused on everything but the flowers and plants of the gardens. His hands were clasped behind his back as he walked, attempting to soak in the beautiful moment of calm. He stopped as he reached the stone railing. A large tree hung overhead, shading the surrounding cobblestone from the sun.

Anakin ran his fingers over the weathered cracks in the railing, thinking fondly of the last time he stood under this tree. With a smile he looked out on the lake, enjoying how he felt as though he were returning home. True, he had only spend a few quiet days on Naboo, and before that his life was scattered from planet to planet, but somehow Naboo was the only place he felt safe. The time he had spent on the lush planet, no matter how short, had been the best of his life.

His heavy cloak billowed around him as the breeze carried over the gardens and the lake. He admired the setting sun, now capping the green hills with a halo of gold. Inhaling deeply, he looked up at the sky, loosing himself in the vibrant colors of the sunset and the pale blue of the clouds, hovering near the peaks of the mountains. It was perfect.

Anakin dropped his eyes to the water, meters below him. His thoughts absently wandered once more as he stared at the ripples, lapping against the stone wall. The thoughts lingered on only one being: Padmé.

In a matter of short minutes he and Padmé would be married. His hopeful dreams from boyhood, lasting the ten years they were apart, were about to come true. Not only was his beloved angel in love with him, but she would be his wife for all eternity. There was nothing else in life that could make him happier. Now, the Jedi code meant nothing to him. It was only Padmé.

It seemed like only seconds ago he and Padmé were standing alone in the dark underbelly of her Nubian cruiser, on their way back to the planet. It was there that he had asked his love to marry him, and she had agreed. It had taken an emotional examination of their goals and morals in life before either felt confident in their decision, but their love was the prevailing issue. The rest of the journey to Naboo had been spent in silence as they sat huddled on a bunk, dreaming of their future.

Now, mere hours after their arrival, they were to be married on this very evening. Padmé sent a servant for her wedding dress, hidden in a trunk in her apartment at the Palace. She had told him it was her mother's, and her mother's before that. She refused to wear anything but the dress on this lovely night. While they waited for the dress to arrive, Padmé arranged for a holy man to bless their marriage for the gods of Naboo. Soon her dress had arrived and she rushed off to get ready, leaving Anakin to clean himself up.

He lifted his head once again and gazed upon the sun once more. It was now half hidden behind the hills, the sky darkening as dusk fell. He held his new prosthetic arm close to his face, examining the golden joints in the dying sunlight. How could Padmé hold such a pitiful piece of work against her heart. He could have built a better arm himself.

Sighing, he let it drop to his side. Anakin turned around and stepped away from the water's edge, growing impatient for the holy man to arrive, and for Padmé to emerge from her quarters.

As if summoned by his thoughts, Padmé's soft footsteps met Anakin's ears as she approached him from his right. Her white skirt was gathered in her hands and she hurried towards him, face bright with happiness. Her dress sparkled as the tiny beads and pearls reflected the orange light. Her hair hung in loose tendrils over her shoulders and a heavy, lace veil lay atop her head, framing her intricate face.

Birds fluttered in Anakin's stomach stealing his words from his mouth. He could say nothing in known words of any language or dialect that could convey his feelings towards her at that moment. He merely spread his arms and stepped forward.

Padmé slid her hands in his, squeezing them tightly, unable to hide her excitement. Her eyes sparkled in the sunset and her hair shone copper against the backdrop of the sky.

She really was an angel.

"Padmé...I..." Anakin stammered, pulling their hands to his lips, where he kissed them both. "I...don't know what to say."

Her smile widened. "Does the dress suit me well enough?"

Anakin let out a laugh. "Suit you?" he exclaimed, lifting one hand and spinning her under his arm. "As if anything couldn't suit you. You look...beautiful." He sighed. "You've stolen my heart."

Padmé stepped closer to him, lifting her face to his. "But I thought I already did."

He laughed once more, kissing her briefly on the lips. "Well, you stole it again."

Laughing softly, Padmé draped her arms around his shoulder, pressing her head against his chest. "The holy man has arrived. The servants are showing him to the gardens." She lifted her head, face sobering. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Anakin leaned close, eyes focused in an intense stare. "More sure than anything my love," he said, voice low and whispery.

"As am I," she answered, rubbing her nose against his. "I can't shake the feeling that this is our destiny."

"Love is our destiny," he corrected with a smile. "Love, my dearest."

Behind them, someone quietly cleared his throat. Padmé spun around, and her face instantly formed a smile. "Ah, good evening," she said, stepping away from Anakin and properly greeting the holy man. Anakin followed her, observing the old man's silvery beard, deep violet robes, and small, weathered book resting in his hands.

Bowing, Anakin paid his respects to the man, then stepped back as Padmé led him under the tree. The holy man backed against the railing and looked up at the couple, smiling. "There, are we ready?"

Suddenly Anakin's knees shook under his cloak and his hands remained glued to his sides. The realization of what he was about to do settled in the pit of his stomach as he quietly gasped for breath. So many things could go wrong. What if they were discovered? What is Obi-Wan showed up at the lodge this very moment, fuming? What if-

"Yes, your grace."

Within a blink of his eye, Anakin's worries disappeared. Padmé was ready to marry him. The same worries that had haunted him moments ago were no doubt plausible, but they didn't matter anymore; not when Padmé was with him, for as long as she was at his side, they would be together, and happy. How silly he had been.

Padmé turned to face him, eyes still sparkling. He did the same, looking to his left at the holy man, who flipped through his book, eyes following the words of an ancient tongue.

"Ah yes," he said finally, holding the book out. "My children, on this beautiful evening we stand here, under the grace of our lords, brought together by the triumph and beauty of love."

Anakin shifted his eyes to Padmé's. His lips curled in a smile and she smiled in return.

"Your love has risen above all, overcoming boundaries, to meld into one life for all eternity. It is not this bond that will keep you together, but the purity of your undying love for each other. And now I ask you, Padmé Amidala, for your acceptance of this burden, and this blessing."

Padmé turned to the man, nodding for him to continue.

"Do you solemnly promise to uphold your love for this man, to honor him, respect him as he will you, and love him for the rest of your life?"

Turning her head slowly back to Anakin's, she took a small step forward. "I do."

"Would you care to add anything to this vow?"

Padmé nodded, deep brown eyes never leaving Anakin's. "Anakin, in giving my love to you I will assure you that I will always be your companion. When you need me, I will be there, always. I believe our love started the moment we met, for I have never forgotten when you called me an angel. I shall never forget your strength and determination, and I shall always admire them so. My Ani, I love you, with all my heart, and I am honored to be your wife."

Anakin closed his eyes, fighting back tears of happiness.

"Anakin Skywalker," the holy man continued softly, "I ask you for your acceptance of this burden and this blessing."

Nodding, he awaited the man's words, washing them over his spirit and letting them sink into his heart and soul. They comforted him, frightened him, and yet gave him more hope than he had ever known.

"I do," he said, when the holy man had finished.

"And you, Anakin, would you like to add anything to his vow?"

He merely nodded again and took a deep breath. "Dearest Padmé, as your protector, I promise to be with you, take care of you, and grant your every wish for the rest of our lives. I pledge my eternal loyalty and love to you, my angel, for I have known that since the moment I saw you that I would marry you. I upheld that dream for ten years, winning all the battles, saving all the cities and people for you, and your love in return. I shall know no greater happiness, than to love you, and have your love for as long as our time in the living world lasts."

"By the powers vested in my by the great gods of the planet Naboo, the Queen of Naboo, and the blessing of all lovers in the galaxy, I pronounce you Padmé Amidala, and you, Anakin Skywalker, husband and wife. Let your love continue far into time."

Anakin held forth his hand, Padmé's soon grasping it tenderly in her own. Tentatively he lifted his droid arm, twisting his fingers. Without hesitation, Padmé took his hand and squeezed it gently. The holy man bowed and stepped away, leaving the two to spend their first moments as husband and wife, alone.

Pulling gently on their clasped hands, Anakin and stepped closer to Padmé, lowering his head to gaze upon her joyous face. Her eyelids slowly closed, dark lashes cascading over her rosy cheeks. She lifted her chin and Anakin met her lips, gently caressing them with his own.

He kissed her tenderly, trying to convey the feelings his words failed to express. Padmé kissed him with equal passion, filling his heart with a power and pride he had never known. Slowly, he pulled his lips away, looking down at his bride.

Padmé's eyes remained closed for a moment, as if absorbing the emotions. Slowly, they fluttered open, immediately meeting Anakin's intense stare. He dropped her right hand, turning to face the brilliant sunset. Padmé did the same, gripping his prosthetic hand more tightly. Anakin leaned against her, gazing across the lake and clouds.

Turning her head to his shoulder, Padmé pressed her forehead to his arm. "I love you Anakin," she said softly, wrapping her other hand around his arm. "I've never felt so happy in all my life."

Anakin lowered his head to press his lips against the pearls atop her head. "Nor I, Padmé, my love. And I shall never forget this night."

They stood still for a moment more, the dying warmth of the sun soaking into their skin. Bringing his hand to her face, Anakin ran his fingers down her soft cheek. "Let us retire," he said gently.

Padmé lifted her eyes to meet his.

"Let us rejoice our love and marriage, before we are torn apart."

"We shall never be torn apart," she assured him, holding him tighter. "Only separated in body, never spirit." She closed her eyes once more. "Never."

***

Now, in order to get the full effect of this story, go listen to Across the Stars by John Williams. ;-) That's all for now folks. Still debating, I am, about continuing my re-vamping. Lemme know if it is worth adding more, as I did with the old A Secret it Shall Be. Thanks!

 
-

<<back to aotc era p/a fanfiction
<<back to p/a fanfiction